Sunday, January 27, 2008

Grow Babies Grow

Over the last couple of days I have been given the wonderful opportunity to hold both Jack and Ella... Holding them skin to skin is an experience that can't be described, but I can feel it from head to toe. I can't wait for the day when David and I have them at home, and we've moved on from hospital living. (Though having all the wonderful nurses, RT's, NP's, etc. taking care of Jack and Ella has been an easy way for me to heal from delivery.)

There is a part of me that gets a little jealous and frustrated not being the "mommy" all the time. However, I know I have to put Jack and Ella's needs first and that means getting out of the way sometimes.... I'll have my hands full in 3-4 months and look back at this and laugh.

On a different note, we did get some good news this morning. Jack and Ella have both gained weight!! Jack is now at 1lb 10oz, and Ella is 1lb and 14oz... I am one proud momma.

Also, after talking with the nurse today, David was given the run down on Jack and Ella's development. Jack is doing better with his respiration and digestive track which helps explain his steady weight gain. Whereas, Ella is doing better with her muscle tone and coordination. In the beginning I would have guessed Ella would be ahead in everything. I guess it just goes to show what a fighter Jack is and helps us know that the decisions we've made have been the right ones. I am overwhelmed with the power of faith and prayer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you,getting to hold your babies is a wonderful feeling.The strength and courage you both have has passed on to both Jack and Ella. They are two very strong little ones and will be home before you know it.We love you guys and you are in our thoughts and prayers daily.

Crystal said...

how great that they are gaining weight! what a strong boy jack is. kristy, that feeling you get when you hold your babies never goes away. i still feel that way when mason snuggles against me. that is so nice that you were able to hold both of them. i bet they love laying on mommy so much.

Anonymous said...

Kristy that is wonderful news!! Jack and Ella truly are miracle babies! I understand how you feel about wanting to do all of the mommy things, I was the same way with Jackson. I did not want anyone else to being doing what I thought was a mommy job. But you will have your hands full soon enough, Yeah!!

Alison said...

I am a friend of Crystal's and have been following your story and thinking of you and your little babies. I know how scary the A's and B's are, and I am looking forward to the day when you have both of your babies home, happy, healthy, and packing on the pounds!