Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Day 50

Today is the 50th day that David and I have called Clarian North our home... that means there are only around 80 days left. This may seem like an overwhelming amount, but David and I have been through so much these last 10 years that 80 days, well, that's nothing.

Today was another good day without any steps backwards. I don't mind standing still a while as long as we don't start moving the wrong direction. The NP told us that they were considering putting Jack on the nasal tubes but were hesitant because of his small size. He's gained 3 ounces, but that only brings him to 1.5 lbs total. David and I were relieved... we don't want to rush things and then have him crash.

David and I have spent most of our days at the hospital just staring into Jack and Ella's isolette. We are continuously amazed by them. They are soooo small, yet have such strength. How can babies that are so little do the amazing things they do every day. Today Ella actually changed the position of her own head. Babies that are full term sometimes don't have that much control. David and I just looked at each other in amazement.

David starts back to work on Thursday, which makes me sad, but we knew it was going to happen sooner or later. He is so amazing around Jack and Ella. It is amazing how his total disposition changes when we hear Ella cry or see Jack's little face. When I'm not in Ella's room but can hear from Jack's room, David speaks to her with such a gentle voice and tells her not to cry. Every time any of the alarms go off, David is always the first one there. I always thought he would be a great daddy... boy was I right.

I had so many more things to say, but my body is telling me it is time for bed. The aches and pains from my cesarean are under control, but I can't sit or stand for a long period of time or I get really stiff. I've always been a napper, but these days I am sleepy almost all the time. With that said, goodnight until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to come in to work tonight and see Miss Ella off her CPAP, how wonderful she's able to do all the breathing on her own, with just air flow. Jack also looks great as well, he's definitely a fighter.

Anonymous said...

we'll be praying for your strength as David starts working. we're thankful he isn't far.
:)