Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Almost 48 hours old

Jack and Ella have a couple of hours until the 48 hour mark. We're very excited to reach that milestone. Also, they are both being gradually weaned from their assistance.

Jack's glucose levels were down and up yesterday, but today have stabilized. His blood pressure has returned to normal, so no dopaminine at this time. The biggest worry that the docs have for him is the platelet count and transfers. This could indicate an infection, but they didn't see any other signs of infection. At this time, he is definitely in critical condition, but the neo said that his chances of survival were pretty high, which of course moved Kristy to tears...

Ella's only new issue that they're treating right now relates to the level of activity in her diaphragm. It seemed a bit low so they adjusted the ventilator.

We're on an upswung and hope that this isn't just part of their honeymoon period.

More blood gases and testing at 6PM.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the positive thinking!! It sounds like the babies are in great care. Before long you will have those precious babies in your arms. You two take care of yourselves, Jack and Ella are counting on you!!

Anonymous said...

What great news! I'm so happy for all of you. I am praying for Kristy's healing and for God to be with both of you and the doctors as those two precious babies grow and get stronger hour by hour, day by day. Before you know it, you'll all be at home enjoying family time!

Kari Lynn said...

I hope you don't mind but I posted a little about you in my blog. I thought it wouldn't hurt if my friends added you in their prayers. The babies sound like they are doing great!

Anonymous said...

Macy, my daughter, and I must have watched Ella's video 100 times! It makes me so happy! And the pictures of Jack remind me so much of Nick...he is soooooo cute!
I wish I could fast forward you guys to April! Anyway, I don't have an e-mail and wanted to know if you wanted me to make isolet covers for the babies? I use to make them for St. V - they help keep the isolet dark and quiet for the baby - and I still have the pattern I made. Always praying....

Anonymous said...

Kristy and David, your family and the medical staff are in so many prayers.
Thank you for taking the time to update us on your precious babies and their strengthening. Keep strong and keep the faith.
Lots of love from lots of people.