Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ella hits 3lbs

I know everyone likes David's posts better because of the pictures, but tonight you're stuck with me.

The big news of the day is Ella's weight... somehow our little girl is already 3lbs. I can't believe it!! Even better is the little fat rolls that have begun to form on her legs. YEAH! She has also begun to wear clothes. Yes, she is still a little small for the outfits, but they make her look like such a big girl. She is still alternating between the CPAP and nasal cannula, so I hold her whenever she is on the cannula. She is soooo snuggly! I love kissing the top of her head and have discovered the joy of kissing her tiny fingers whenever she reaches up toward my face. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it.

Jack is also gaining and has officially doubled his birth weight. He had to have a blood transfusion yesterday because of a low red blood cell count. Today he was "feeling" much better. Mommy is also feeling better because I got to hold him today. It is hard to hold him when he is on the CPAP, but because of the transfusion, he got to try Vapotherm again. I feel so badly because I have held Ella more than Jack, but hopefully as he gets stronger that will change. I really think he likes it.

David was out sick today, so I came home from the hospital early. I told the nurse that I had to go home to take care of my other baby. David's office has been full of sick people, so I guess it was just a matter of time. Hopefully, he'll be over it soon, and I don't catch it!

A special note to the staff at school: thanks for the card and gift - but sending Steve and Casey was a little too much (ha ha). Hope the DC trip was a great time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i cant believe how big they are getting. David's post are good with the oics but you give us all the good updates on the babies. hopefully Jack will catch up to big sis soon!

Marcy said...

Yeah Jack and Ella for the awesome weight gain! One of these days you'll pull out an outfit that just fit them and after doing the laundry will realize it's already too small for them!

Happy to hear the good news. I like seeing the detailed updates and the photos are always nice too.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear things are going so well!! They are amazing children. You are so blessed!!
I will continue to pray for more weight gain and progress so they can be home soon!!
Best wishes,
Susan Burkhart