Thursday, February 28, 2008

Big Day

Today was a great day!

First, Jack hit the big 3lb mark. I can hardly believe our little 1.3lb baby boy has more than doubled his weight. Actually, he has gained more weight overall than Ella. He is definitely changing; it's amazing what a little fat can do. What's even more amazing is that he is turning into a little David before my eyes. I look at his face, and I can see many of David's features. Speaking of David... he said that once they reached 3lbs then he would hold them. Well, he's held Ella, and it looks like Jack's turn will be this weekend! I can't wait!

Secondly, Ella tried breast "feeding" for the first time. She didn't actually get to feed, but instead was tube fed while she suckled. She was tremendous. We were hoping for her to just nuzzle with me, but she latched on and tried to suck... Everyone was amazed that she was able to get that far. After 10 minutes of this new adventure, she was worn out and fell fast asleep. The whole experience was really incredible. I was really apprehensive about it at first, but I just felt connected with her... I'm in love!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

That is so awesome! As difficult as nursing can be in the beginning there is just nothing like it once they get the hang of it. Yea Jack on 3lbs! Can't wait to see pics of David holding both of them.

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news Kristy! I tell you there is never enough words to describe how much you love your child/childrern. It is a love like no other. You guys are doing such a great job!!

Ericka

Anonymous said...

That's exctiting about Jack's weight!! I'm so glad you have that experience with Ella! Jack will be, too, soon!!

Anonymous said...

Get ready because once they hit that 3lb mark, things start to speed up! Before you know it you'll get a call asking if you are ready to take them home! BTW, the NICU 'poem' cracked me up!! It is so true. That's what those frames are all about; believe it or not, you'll always want to remember these days. Hedy

Anonymous said...

Hi David and Kristy,

I think your blog is very nice. However, you invited me to visit it after leaving some sort of a challenge to a debate on my blog. You haven't answered the e-mail I sent using the link from this blog, or the message I left in another comment box. I hate leaving a request such as this in a comment box to a touching blog about your children, but I don't think it is very fair that you left a criticism of my blog as a comment at mine, along with a desire to debate me (though I'm not sure what you want to debate), without getting in contact to explain. I've not heard of you or your blog before you visited mine. Please e-mail me at apologeticsfromscratch@yahoo.com to explain. In Christ.