Thursday, February 14, 2008

2 lbs

Happy Valentine's Day. I hope everyone had an enjoyable evening tonight...

What a great week... Jack passed the 2 lb plateau this week and Ella has been doing excellently on her CPAP / cannula routine. Also, today, they both had very positive head ultrasounds. Their brains appear to be developing normally and this was, hopefully, their last test. Yesterday, Jack and Ella's eye tests were also normal. While their eyes aren't fully developed, the blood vessels are exactly where they would be expected for their developmental stage.

A bit of bummer this week was that I haven't been to visit them in a couple of days. The office has been passing around the flu virus and I've been a bit under the weather too. So, instead of taking the risk, I've avoided the NICU. Not seeing them has been rough...

Last weekend, Kristy gave them their first bath. Both of them really enjoyed the activity. We're looking forward to lots of splashing in the coming years... We'll post the pics later.

We are very appreciative of your continued thoughts and prayers. Last week, our friends Todd and Sheri stopped by and dropped off a handmade prayer shawl from their church and Kristy's work friend gave us the below poster that is now in Jack's room. Thank you.

4 comments:

Marcy said...

Yeah 2 lbs!!! So glad they are doing well and the tests are showing they are right on track.

Anonymous said...

yeah Jack!!! awesome news about the tests :)

Anonymous said...

Kristy -
Oh my God I am so glad that for some reason I had thought about you today. I am so happy for you two. You are going to love the years ahead even though they are going to have some rough times. I know you and I know if anybody can handle all of this you guys can.
Love ya... take care... and MAJOR CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
scott elsten

Anonymous said...

Every time I visit your site, I come away inspired and so awe-struck by these little miracle babies! So happy for all of you that everything is progressing so positively. Valentines Love to all!