Thursday, April 24, 2008

Jack hits 8lbs

The last couple of days have been something... anytime we have to leave the house it is quite an undertaking. On Tuesday we went back to the pediatrician for our second visit, and on Wednesday we went to the pediatric optometrist. Needless to say, I can't even imagine doing this on my own. Since David had to go back to work, my mom filled in as monitor, diaper bag, and oxygen tank carrier. Thanks mom!!

As for the pediatrician's visit, we found out that our little Jack has hit 8lbs! Ella isn't far behind at 7lbs 10oz. It's really amazing to see their changes from 3 months ago.

OK... I need some help! I have to arrange day care for Jack and Ella soon (for August - back to school). Does anyone know of a nanny or personal care service? Our dream would be to have someone come to our house each morning around 7am and then leave when I get home from school around 3pm. We've already been warned that Jack and Ella will be very susceptible to catching all the "bugs" out there, so I'd like to avoid a large day care if possible. Got any ideas? Does anyone know of a service? Anyone know of a former nurse that just happens to want to watch two adorable little babies from August through May? I don't even know where to start, so if you happen to know someone that knows someone that has used a nanny service or individual and really liked them, please let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like mom and dad are doing a great job!
This will be a book...sorry.
After reading your blog I called my brother-in-law and sister-in-law; they have triplets that are now 15 and they had somebody come to their home the first two years. They found their help by word of mouth through church.
Call colleges, ask for nursing or education departments, maybe a student that is graduating in the next week or so. I assume there are Lutheran Social Services and or, Catholic Charities in the Fishers area they should have a list of resources. ARC, Community Action of Northeast Indiana (CANI). CANI does a multitude of things. I am familiar with it from taking care of two sets of twins in one family. I cared for them in my home. I already cared for the first set when the second were born. One of younger girls was special needs, due to that situation the family received the program and CANI paid my wages. The program now requires that the provider be licensed. Look up Achieva Resources Corp.Inc. (possibly called First Steps) they should have a multitude of resources for you. I have a niece that lives in Fishers, she is a nurse. I will make a contact with her. Talk with the NICU nurses. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I had placed some phone calls to friends, if they share something new I'll pass it on to you. B.U.

Sheri said...

Yeah Jack! Sounds like they are doing well. I contacted a friend that had a nanny come to her home. She used to work in a daycare center and decided to work for one family. Then my friend decided to stay at home and didn't need her anymore. I'll keep my ears open for other ideas. Good Luck!