Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Thursday or is it Wednesday...

Jack continues to amaze us in his growth rate... he is actually getting heavy to hold for long periods of time. I think the majority of his weight is in his head.

In the same respect, Ella feels too light. She is having some digestion issues with the formula (we've stopped fortifying breast milk and have gone to straight formula). She cries and cries at times. We are trying Mylicon drops to help her belly pains.

As for me, I have begun to adjust to very little sleep. Instead of trying to stay awake during the evening, I go to sleep as soon as the last diaper change/feeding. It seems to be working, but then again, I've had help during the day (both mom's and David have spent some time with me during the week). Besides the daily baby care, my days are filled with insurance battles, nanny hunting, and house work. I think I'm actually looking forward to going back to work...

Speaking of help - thanks Debbie for coming last Saturday! We loved having you visit and the babies haven't stopped talking about it.

Our next big "thing" is Jack's pulmonary appointment next week. We are hoping to be done with the oxygen once and for all. The only worry is that Jack has had some apnea alarms. We aren't sure if they were legitimate alarms or just mechanical issues. The leads that attach to Jack's chest sometime move - so we don't know if they are truly picking up his breaths.

Anyway - we are still on the hunt for a "nanny" so please keep your ears open for us. Any leads are much appreciated!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

My nanny suggestion is to look on indymoms.com. I know there is a nanny service but I don't remember what it is called...maybe doing a search for it will help.

My belly issue suggestion is gripe water. I don't know how doctors feel about it, but I loved it and it worked wonders for Lucas!

Love seeing pictures. They are adorable. As hard as it is now with the lack of sleep and craziness, I'm told once they move, they quickly learn to run and cause trouble in opposite directions. :)

Anonymous said...

When ours were small we used mylacon drops too. We put it right in their bottle. When needed they also received a dose after the feeding. I have heard of gripe water also. I did not hear of this until a year or so ago. You may have to get at a health food / vitamin store.
It is kind of funny how we parents can not love our children any more but since they have come along some days we don't know if we are coming, going or meeting ourself in the middle. Some days we also don't have a nerve left for anybody to get on.
also loving the pictures!

Marcy said...

We also used the gripe water for Ethan and it worked some of the time. Kristen bought hers at CVS but we bought ours at BabiesRUs. We had to use Mylanta for Ethan because his gas and belly issues got pretty bad, so we use that in conjunction with his reflux meds. His belly issues were mainly from the reflux, so I am hoping Ella doesn't have that. It can be tiring to figure out what prescription medicine will work. We used the Mylanta first after the Mylacon drops didn't do anything, so the pediatrician recommended that before starting to dole out the prescriptions. You have your hands full already, so I am going to keep my fingers crossed that the Mylacon drops work and she doesn't have reflux that would require meds.

Anonymous said...

With Eowyn I had one of those lavender-scented eye pillows filled with rice that I would heat in the microwave and put on her belly. That warmth and soothing scent seemed to work really well for her stomach issues, too.

Wish I knew of in-home care for you. Finding daycare is quite a process. I'm sure one of your nursing sources will come through for you.

Kelly