Tuesday, December 04, 2007

In the hospital

Well....I'm typing this from the hospital room. Kristy and I went to her normal appointment this afternoon and they found a problem. Jack's amniotic sac was significantly smaller than last week's and also than Ella's. The doctors fear that an infection has occurred. It's very bizarre because Kristy hasn't noticed any abnormal fluid loss and this was not an expected issue. However, if it is an infection in the uterus, then the chances of them being delivered early is very likely. So, they have given her a batch of antibiotics and are monitoring her closely. Either way, we will be in the hospital until delivery.

There is a bit of hope as Kristy does not have a fever and her cervix is still measuring ok. She has also not experienced any contractions.

Please pray for us over the next several days as it is now just a waiting game. We are hopeful that the worst part will be her being in the hospital for the next 10 weeks.

7 comments:

Crystal said...

oh no!!! i can't believe this. i am so sorry. i am praying that those babies can stay in there for at least a few more weeks. please keep us updated.

Unknown said...

Please call us and let us know what we can do to help. We are praying for you!

Marcy said...

I am sending out big prayers for the babies to be safe inside for at least the next two months. I was on bed rest for 9 weeks so I wish you well and pray for the best possible outcome!

Anonymous said...

I am praying for all four of you every day. Hopefully the antibioltics will get the job done and Jack and Ella can stay cozy right where they are for a few more weeks. Keep us posted as you can.

Hedy said...

I KNOW everything is going to be ok! I don't know how, but I just do! I pray everyday, but I'll up it to at least twice a day for good measure. Don't let down; the mind and spirit are so powerful! Technology, God, and a mother's love can do amazing things! Just lay there and trust! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kristy and David,
I am Kristen Gleim aunt and have been following your blog! I can't imagine what you are going through!! Try to think positive! You have lots of people praying for you-even strangers!! Hang in there and God Bless!!
Susan Burkhart

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristy and David
I am so sorry to hear that things are not going as smoothly as you both have wished for. I know it must be difficult to keep positive thoughts, but knowing that so many people are praying and praying for all four of you, hopefully will help. I will continue to pray that Ella and Jack can wait a few more weeks before they make a healthy entrance into your lives.
Karen Stearley