Thursday, December 20, 2007

Not the news we hoped

Well. We had our ultrasound this morning and the results were concerning. Jack is now measuring 3 weeks behind and Ella is about 2. From the last measurement that was 16 days ago, Jack has grown 9 days and Ella 13. The doctor didn't seem too concerned about Ella, but she now thinks that Jack's loss of fluid may be a chromosome issue. They are doing some research and will probably do some tests to try to determine the cause. For now, we'll continue to keep doing what we're doing.

I apologize for the lack of more detailed information, but Kristy and I are trying to play the ignorance is bliss game and that as long as they're in her belly, we're happy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the disappointing news. I will pray that the doctors can find the cause. And in the meantime, I will pray for their continued good, strong heartbeats and rejoice in that.

Anonymous said...

keep hanging on-

Anonymous said...

I like your reasoning. They are still there and still growing. God knows the rest. He's the one we are trusting.

Anonymous said...

I was sorry to read that you did not get the news you were hoping for. Keeping positive thoughts is a good thing, not only for you and Kristy but also for those 2 sweet little babies. I don't always have the chance to check your blog sight, but want you, Kristy, Jack and Ella to know that I think about all of you daily and continue to pray that everything will turn out okay. I am sure there are days when the time seems to drag and the days seem endless but you know the saying "it all comes out in the wash" meaning no mater what we have to endure in the end everything turns out the way we had hoped for. An old saying showing my age, but this is what I wish for you, Kristy, Ella, and Jack. Merry Christmas, and a Happy/Healthy New Year
Karen Stearley

Crystal said...

i'm praying that jack keeps growing and that they stay in there for many more weeks.