Thursday, June 19, 2008

Jack's Good News

On Monday we went for our last appointment with Dr. T (pulmonologist). He gave Jack a clean bill of health and released him from all electronics (bye-bye apnea monitor). Though we had already stopped using the machine a couple nights before, it was great to hear the doc confirm what we already knew. When they hooked Jack up to the machine that registers his oxygen level... it read 99%. YEAH!!! It is amazing to us how far he has come!

The other bonus of the day was that we got to spend about an hour with our favorite nurse, Debbie! She met us for lunch at the hospital and held Jack while we ate. She has been such a wonderful addition to our lives over the last couple of years... we look forward to a lifetime of her friendship.

We also had another doctor's appointment this week. We went to the pediatrician on Wednesday for our "2 month" check-up. Though Jack and Ella are 5 months old, their developmental age is adjusted to their original due date - all appointments are based on this date. Jack weighed in at 11 lbs 7 ozs; Ella weighed in at 10 lbs 11 ozs. Jack was in the 75% on weight & head size; he was in the 50% on length. Ella was in the 50% on weight, head size, and length. The pediatrician was extremely happy with their development and was quite impressed with their growth. He told us that we could start feeding them cereal because their intake of formula was stellar. Go Babies!

As for David and I...

David has been keeping busy at work and has renewed his love of golf this summer. He also found out that he likes to push the stroller... seems I never get the opportunity :).

I am home for the summer. I am soooooo fortunate to have this time to be with Jack and Ella during the summer. I can't wait til they're a little older; I've already started a "Things to Do this Summer" list. What I hope is that each summer we'll have a list that we've compiled over the fall/winter/spring and each day of summer break Jack and Ella can pick something from the list to do. I know... cheesy. Something else I've realized is that I probably wouldn't be a very good "stay at home mom" all the time. I tend to get bored/lonely. Now if David could stay home too... that would be great!

Anyway, only 48 days left until I start school again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thrilled to hear about Jacks good news. I know that the twins are still so little and you feel that you will get bored/lonely in the summer but believe me when I say once they are school age you will absolutely love your summers off, or at least I did when I could spend more time with Ericka and Lindsey, swimming in the pool, having their friends over, and just hanging out together with no time schedules to worry about, getting up when ever, going out for lunch once in a while, just all in all having fun doing things together when ever and what ever we decided to do. Just wait and see you will become more comfortable and appreciatable of those summer days that you have to spend with your precious little ones. Karen Stearley

Anonymous said...

I must say that I totally understand about not being a good stay-at-home mom. I am not good at it either. I love my children desperately, but I have to have adult conversation and endeavors. I, too, am counting the days until school starts. Sad that we're so glad to get rid of them and then miss them so soon, isn't it?!