Friday, June 13, 2008

Bedtime Wonders

Who would have thought that all I had to do was put Jack and Ella in their cribs, and they would sleep through the night?! So far we have been in the nursery for 5 nights. The first two nights they each slept for 7.5 hours... the next two nights they slept for 5.5 hours, and last night they each slept for 8 hours. I'm in shock!! Not only are David and I getting better sleep (we are in our own bed again), but the babies seem to really like their nursery. They fall asleep listening to Bach, Beethoven, or Mozart on their mobiles... wow, I wish I would have known this two months ago!

Another big event happens today - the babies are officially 5 months old (even though their adjusted b-day puts them at 2 months old). Happy Birthday Jack & Ella.

A special CONGRATULATIONS goes out to Kerri and Bret - Even though I can't guarantee that I'll spell his name right in the future, we welcome Kaine to the family!! My nephew was born at the end of May, and I am so excited that Jack and Ella will have a cousin so close to their age to play with. I can already see it Kerri; we leave the kids with David and Bret, and we go shopping!

Also, we look forward to our visit with my aunt, uncle, cousin and her two kids this Saturday. Angie's son Dylan was born on April 10... Jack and Ella's due date. It will be fun to see how they compare in size.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Wow! I am jealous! Ethan didn't sleep that long until he was a few months older. So glad to hear that Jack & Ella are doing well with being in their nursery. And even better that you and David are finally getting some much needed rest in your own bed. And that mobile was and still is the best investment we made. We don't have the top of it on anymore, but Ethan will pull himself up and push the buttons for the music at night/morning/naptime and fall asleep on his own. In time, hopefully Jack and Ella will do the same.

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic news about the sleep & the cribs!! Hooray! Life is good in the Kokoska house! I was so glad I ran into you the other day at Target and got to see the babies. Truly adorable!!! Kim Rowe