Thursday, May 29, 2008

Back to Work

I started back to work Tuesday... I cried all morning! I didn't realize how hard it was going to be. It is sad that I reacted that way when I only have to work two weeks before school is out for the summer. Fortunately for me, David is taking care of Jack and Ella this week. It made it so much easier on me knowing they would be taken care of by their daddy.

As far as daddy goes, he has done phenomenally! He makes me look like a second-rate parent. Not only did he have the laundry done, the house swept, dishes done, trash out, etc., but he went to the grocery store. Yes, David took Jack and Ella to the grocery store stroller and all. He worked out a system where he would push the double stroller with one hand and pull the cart along behind him with the other hand. Can't you just see it?! He said he got several interesting looks!

David has also figured out that Ella does well when swaddled. Once she gets her arms going, it is hard for her to calm down. Swaddling helps her relax. Yeah!!

The last bit of good news is that we have found child care for next school year. Our provider is a former pediatric RN that has decided to stay home with her child. She also watches a couple of nurses' kids and a resident's kid. It's really amazing that we found a provider with a medical background less than 10 minutes from our house. I guess it is yet another pray answered. I hope we're not running out (of answered prayers) because it seems we've had our fair share...

4 comments:

Sheri said...

From Todd - "Good for Dave!" From Sheri - I feel the same way when I leave the kids with Todd and come home to find everything finished that I just can't/don't get to. I've decided they just KNOW that Daddy is different and act accordingly. Congrats on the child care!

Sheri said...

Oh yeah - we swaddled all three until they let us know they were done and trust me, they'll let you know. I think we swaddled Samantha until 6 months. It seemed to be when they could start rolling over, they were done.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Jack and Ella (and Dave)but I'm so happy to have your mommy back! She is always smiling, and she laughs at all of my jokes! She doesn't seem to miss you guys a bit! ;)
Hedy

Anonymous said...

Kristy,
You are very lucky to have a spouse that is sooooo helpful. Sounds like Dave is doing a great job and Jack and Ella are so fortunate to have such a great Daddy. Same as Jason is such a great help to Ericka with chores around the house and helping take care of Jackson.
You two girls are extremly lucky, because there are many guys out there that aren't comfortable
with and don't want to be when it comes to helping out with the little ones.
I can still remember 28 years ago when I had to leave Ericka when she was 3months old to go back to school, I cried all the way to school and any time anyone would ask me about her during the day I would cry and felt terrible for leaving her but look how great she turned out.
I am so thrilled to hear that you have care already set up for the new school year, one less thing to worry about.
My last day of school was today, May 28 we would have been out earlier May 23 if we hadn't have had so many snow days and one day a couple of weeks ago their was a power sub station down so some schools had no electricity so we didn't have school and had to make up that day!!
I plan on spending as much as my summer as I can with Jackson, I can't wait. Karen Stearley