Thursday, May 15, 2008

Still Waiting

Well, It's Thursday and we are still waiting on word from the Pulmonologist... It's soooo frustrating! Jack hates the cannula and rips it off whenever possible, which in turn means we have to put it back on. He just cries and cries.

We had the sleep study completed on Friday and were supposed to have the results on Wednesday. When I called, the nurse said that they hadn't heard anything, and it usually takes a week for results. That is not what the Doc had told us, so we asked her to call Riley to find out what the hold up was. She called us back and said that Riley had not received anything yet. Great! I called Praxair (the company responsible for the test) ready to give them hell, but they were able to come up with a tracking number and signature of delivery. I tried to call the nurse back Wednesday, but the office had closed (anger builds). I called first thing this morning, and the nurse was going to call Riley with the info... now I wait again (anger boiling). I'll give her until 1pm, then I will call every 1/2 hour after that... Jack has been through too much to be put on the back burner.

As for Ella... her new thing is to cry 24/7. If she is not eating or sleeping then she is crying. David and I are at a loss!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that things are not so great.
You are a good woman to give them until one o'clock. I probably would have started the day calling every half hour! You have more tolerence than I!
Do you have a swing for Jack and Ella? The swing was always a blessing for me at this age. If that was the only place and way they napped than so be it.
Billie

Anonymous said...

You might try putting her in her carseat or bouncer on top of the dryer or washer (whichever you've got going). The rocking motion was a life saver for my friend's cryer. Another suggestion, although less practical is to try going for a car ride. Most of the time they will fall asleep pretty quickly in the car. But that may not be practical. My daughter was not a huge cryer when she was small, but I found that putting her in the snuggly and carrying her around while I went about the business of the day kept her pretty happy. Good luck...I'm sure you'll find what works for you in time. Hopefully not too long of a time either.

Marcy said...

Does she only cry when she is lying flat? She may have reflux... it took us a long time to diagnosis Ethan with it and as soon as he got the medicine it seemed to help some. Best of luck! Until we figured it out though, he would sit in his bouncer or swing and seem happy to be in a semi-upright position.

Sheri said...

You are your child's advocate and sometimes you have to be a pain in somebody's neck. Hope you get good news. As for the crying...I feel your pain. Samantha was my crier. The swing on high setting, vibrating bouncy seat, strapping her on in the carrier and vaccuming. Those were the ways I kept my sanity, but she did outgrow it as her sleep schedule took shape. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

When our little 5 month old preemie cries like that, what we do is wrap him up like a burrito really tight, put a paci in his mouth and hold him really close and tight and hum him some songs. He likes feeling the security I guess. I hold him so his head is on my arm and so his face is almost on my shoulder. Also, make sure she isnt constipated. When he gets like that he is 20 shades of mad. Good Luck! :)