Tuesday, October 23, 2007

October 23

Thursday marks the end to week 16. So far everything is going well, and we're enjoying my growing belly. However, the thought looms in both of our heads of the approaching week 20. It is one of the those things that sits in the back of your mind, that you try not to let take over all the good thoughts, but it is very hard. Every ache, pain, twinge, etc. sends me into a panic. I had a scare last week... I had cramping that ended-up being nothing but indigestion. I was in tears, and ready to go to the hospital... It is a rough place to be - caught between joy and terror.

Anyway, we had a doctor's appointment today. All is going well and according to plan. We got to see the babies; they look great. My cervix was still measuring long, and seems to have healed nicely from the cerclage.

Since we had a second confirmation of the sexes of the babies, we want to formally introduce them to you:

Our little boy will be named John Thomas Kokoska (Jack) after David's grandpa and my dad. Our little girl will be named Eleanor Ruth Kokoska (Ella) after my great grandma and David's aunt. I know, I know... they are very "old" names, but we like the more traditional route.

Our next appointment is November 6. On this date we will get a full ultrasound complete with a look at all the organs, measurements, and many many pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that things seems to be coming along as they should be. You are always in my prayers. I think of all of you every time I drive past your neighborhood! Enjoy the last couple of days of Break.

Kristen said...

Beautiful names. So sweet. Can't wait for the next appointment. Take care!!