Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Changes

I can't believe it... Jack and Ella have both fallen asleep at the same time!! I actually have time to write.

Where to start...

Jack is growing like a weed and every time I look at him, I am astounded. He is not only putting on weight, but his legs are getting longer. He continues to show so much personality in his facial expressions and has become quite the talker (ok, so he doesn't make any sense, but it is way too cute). Another thing that he has learned to do is roll over. He has the front to back thing conquered much to my horror in the middle of the night when I find him on his belly. Today at the hospital (renal ultrasound) he rolled from his belly to his back. David and I were both so excited.

Ella is growing as well, but is much more petite than Jack. She is our wild woman... she can smile (cheese - as David calls it) so big it makes you giggle then scream/turn red all within a minute. You never know what you're going to get with her. Ella too has mastered the roll over, but doesn't seem as impressed with the whole process as Jack does.

Well, I have tried the whole feeding them with a spoon thing, but man, it is a lot of work for the very little that they actually eat. I end-up scraping more rice off their chins than they eat, and I have to bottle feed them as well (because they don't get that much from the spoon). I know it is time really start pushing it, but I can change them, bottle feed them, and be done in 1/2 hour. When I spoon feed them, it takes a minimum 1/2 for each. Any tricks?

On a different note, thanks for all the church suggestions! We look forward to starting our hunt soon.

4 comments:

Kara said...

Hi Kristy. My name is Kara Golish and I was Kristen Gleim's college roommate (for two years anyway). I have been following along with your blog for sometime, but never left a comment. I have a 4 year old son, Carter, and 19 month old boy/girl twins, Hannah and Noah. I sure wish I could give you some advice on the feeding thing, but when I started solids with Hannah and Noah it too was a good hour before I was done with both. Eventually they were like little birdies waiting with their mouths open, but the first few weeks trying consistently were a huge mess and time consuming! Keep at it, it will get easier! I also have a blog that I try to keep up, www.thegolishfamily.blogspot.com. Life is definitely interesting with twins!!!!

Anonymous said...

I also remember the spoon thing taking forever in the beginning, but agree soon they will be like little birdies with open mouths! Time is moving fast, just a short time ago sleeping all night again seemed like a dream. Glad everything is going well. Maybe we can meet in the middle at your mom and dads soon.
Billie

Karen said...

I say skip the rice and try yogurt. It's a bit thicker and therefore not so messy and it tastes better so they'll be more interested. Jamie still hasn't finished the first box of cereal I bought when she was a few months old.

Anonymous said...

Have you tried using an infa-feeder? here's a link to one on e-bay. we used it when our kids were babies and it worked great! http://cgi.ebay.com/Baby-Infant-Cereal-Solid-Food-Feeder-Infafeeder-Bottle_W0QQitemZ350077796945QQihZ022QQcategoryZ20402QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem