Friday, March 07, 2008

Progress

Today was a great day... When I arrived in the NICU this morning, I got a big surprise - both Jack & Ella had made some changes.

Jack had decided that he had had enough of the CPAP. He had been put on a schedule of 8 hours on the cannula and 4 hours on the CPAP, but that wasn't good enough for him. You see, after almost 8 weeks in the NICU and 5 weeks on CPAP, Jack figured out how to "take off" the mask. He would try to turn over and push it off or take his hands and grab the straps. The medical staff decided that Jack was obviously trying to tell them something, so they let him have his way. Jack is officially on the cannula full time. Wow!

Ella had a surprise as well. As I rounded the corner into her room.... she was in a crib! No more Isolette! Though I was soooo excited in the progress, I am now finding myself terrified that she no longer has a "bubble" to protect her. She is just lying there in the open... To make matters worse, Jack is going into a crib tomorrow.

I'm feeling a bit flushed as I type; I better lie down.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh ! oh my gosh !! oh my gosh!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!! Wonderful! Great ! Fantastic!!
Spectacular !!! You Go Jack and Ella. After a frustrating day at school your news has perked up my evening, hey !! what am I saying it has perked up my whole week end. Smiling from ear to ear
Karen Stearley

Marcy said...

Wow! So excited to hear the wonderful news on the progress of the babies. Their homecoming day is around the corner. A step up to a crib is a huge milestone. There will be many, many more very soon.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited! You are all going to be sitting at home together before you know it! Have a wonderful weekend!

Kari Lynn said...

Your babies are growing up. That is fantastic news. One step closer to going home.

Anonymous said...

awesome, wonderful news :) you guys are doing so well

Anonymous said...

Wow! I told you - once they hit the 3lb mark...WATCH OUT!! I hope you guys have the nursery ready! I'm so excited for you I can't stand it!! Hedy

Crystal said...

you guys got some little troopers there! i can't believe ella is already in a crib, and jack may be too!? that is awesome news.

Sheri said...

Congratulations and great news! They sure let you know their feelings about things don't they?