Monday, December 04, 2006

4 Months Gone

Today marks the 4th month since the girls were taken. David and I both struggle with moments of utter despair, but look to the future with hope.

David surprised me by putting-up one of our Christmas trees last week. It was something I wanted to do, but couldn't bring myself to do it. It took all he had, but he also made us ornaments with Claire and Gracie's pictures in them. He also made one of me with the girls and himself with the girls.

We are "skipping" Christmas this year because of the anguish of knowing that it should have been so different... Thankfully our families understand this need for a break from "holiday cheer" and "family gatherings." David and I opted to get out of town for awhile and decided on a cruise.

Anyways, after a bit of a scare last month, we are planning on moving forward with another round of IVF. We'll keep you posted as this happens.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I think about Claire and Gracie often. I will be praying for you both as you go through this round of IVF.