Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Tuesday

Kristy and I received your cards, flowers, emails.... They are much appreciated. Thanks for your concern.

Today we got and made several items for the girls. We purchased a set of lockets and a cross in which to place them. We also went through loads of pictures and created a picture book for the girls so that they might know their family. It was a time of much crying and remembering for us. As the girls were once known as Buzz and Woody, Kristy decided to give them a couple of her Christmas ornaments as well.

Tomorrow, we'll be going through some scripture verses and prayers for the ceremony. If you have some, we would welcome suggestions. A poem that has always moved me and is especially memorable now is below. It is the 2nd sonnet from Edna St. Vincent Millay.

TIME does not bring relief; you all have lied
Who told me time would ease me of my pain!
I miss them in the weeping of the rain;
I want them at the shrinking of the tide;
The old snows melt from every mountain-side,
And last year’s leaves are smoke in every lane;
But last year’s bitter loving must remain
Heaped on my heart, and my old thoughts abide!

There are a hundred places where I fear
To go,—so with their memory they brim!
And entering with relief some quiet place
Where never fell their feet or shone their faces
I say, “There is no memory of them here!”
And so stand stricken, so remembering them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are in our thoughts! God bless. Here are some verses I like.
Revelation 21:4 - "HE WILL WIPE EVERY TEAR FROM THEIR EYES. THERE WILL BE NO MORE DEATH OR MOURNING OR CRYING OR PAIN, FOR THE OLD ORDER OF THINGS HAS PASSED AWAY."

Matthew 5:4 - Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

John 14:1 - Jesus comforts his disciples - "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me."

Psalm 46:1 - God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

Psalm 119:28 - My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.

Isaiah 40:31 - but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 41:10 - So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will stregthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.