Monday, May 25, 2009

A Juxtaposed Memorial Day Weekend

This Memorial Day was a study of differences...

David partook in his traditional "boys" weekend with too much golf, a couple bud lights, and a very busy/very exciting race day. He got home Sunday night nicely tanned, but dragging. I'm happy he had a good time... I know he looks forward to this weekend every year.

The kids and I took a different route and had a very quiet weekend to ourselves. We had hoped to visit grandma and grandpa, but with sick cousins, it wasn't worth the risk. We did have a great afternoon with Thad and Bobbi Sunday. The kids played in Emma's pool and got to wear their swimsuits for the first time. I appreciated having them cook for me too. I've gotten used to David always cooking, so when he is gone, I don't eat well.

Monday the family was back together again. We spent the day with intermittent naps, food, and family play. Overall, it was a good weekend.

Enjoy the pictures:







3 comments:

Crystal said...

awe, i really love the 2 b&w photos. jack is so sweet in the first one, and the second one is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Kristy- These are such good pictures!! Very sweet. And yeah for Jack & his walking!!! :-)

Kim Rowe

Paula.... said...

they are adorable..bring them by to visit us some weekend..we would love to see them walking around!