Thursday, September 04, 2008

Back to School

I've been back to school now for 3 1/2 weeks, and it has been a mix of emotions. I love my job and am excited to be back, but it is so hard to leave Jack and Ella each morning. The only thing that saves me from tears is knowing they're at a good home with someone who doesn't mind snuggling them when needed. It also helps that they're not at that attachment stage (yet).

Our babysitter is a former nurse that doesn't mind those little issues that a regular day care might require us to keep J&E at home (runny nose, diarrhea, etc.). I think she's pretty amazing; I don't know how she keeps up with all the diapers/naps/feedings and so on. It's also nice that she gives us an update every day of when they ate, what they ate, diaper changes, and naps.

Each morning when I drop J&E off, she meets us in the driveway and takes one of them in for me. She already has breakfast made for her own kids that are school-aged, so Jack and Ella get all her attention. They usually eat breakfast (a fruit and bottle) around 7:30 then lie back down for an hour. J&E are in a good routine... and in good hands. What more could I ask?

No comments: