Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Spoiled

Well, we survived our first separation.... David and I went out of town over the weekend and left Jack and Ella with Grandma & Grandpa Will. After the last 9 months, David and I needed some alone time. We decided to get away before school starts, and his work got too crazy.

I took the kids up to mom and dad's Thursday night and got them accustomed to their new surroundings. I left after breakfast Friday morning and headed back home. David and I flew out Friday afternoon for Ft. Lauderdale.

We spent the weekend basking in the sun and eating oysters. OK, I didn't actually bask in the sun... I hid under an umbrella because right now I'm soooo pale (I haven't seen much sunlight this summer). Just the sound of the ocean, and the cool breeze was enough for me.

David knew I would not be able to last three days without seeing the babies, so he hooked-up the webcam and each night we would see the babies before they went to bed. It was great... mom and dad would hold them up to the camera and put us on speaker phone. If not for the webcam, we would have flown home much earlier than planned.

When we got home Monday, I went to get the babies immediately. Boy oh boy... spoiled!!! It has taken a couple of days to get the babies adjusted to not being held 24/7. Grandparents, what are you gonna do?

Next week I start school again... I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Whenever we get the kids back from Grandma and Grandpa we joke about going through Grandparent detox. But it is great that they do it to allow for some couple time - we all need it.